Megan Fox doesn't want to be like Angelina Jolie

The sexy "Jennifer's Body" actress has frequently been compared to the "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" star since her break-through role in 2007's "Transformers." But despite the brunettes' similar looks and penchant for wild statements, the younger actress insists they are poles apart.

Fox, 23, said: "People compare me to Angelina Jolie, and she's so serious and stoic. I'm the opposite.

"I'm not a tigress like Angelina. Of course, people want me to be. But I want to be the contradiction of that."

Fox - who was caught in a furor after she compared "Transformers" director Michael Bay to Nazi party leader Adolf Hitler - blamed the Jolie comparisons for people taking her too seriously.

She said: "When I do interviews, I say things that I think are hysterical. But because we live in a world of sound bites, you're not allowed to have a sense of humor.

"Sarcasm doesn't translate in print at all. And neither does self-deprecating humor."

Fox also said she had doubts about her own acting skills, unlike Oscar-winner Jolie.

She told the New York Times newspaper: "I don't know if I'm talented, I don't know what I can do or can't do. I had no skills at all. As a child, I had it in my head that I was supposed to be doing this, and then I did it. But I didn't know what I was doing."

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment